At Templeton Family Funerals Pty Ltd, excellent customer service is our priority. We understand how important your privacy is to you and your family and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal information. In collecting and handling personal information (including sensitive information), we are bound by our own duty of care to you and also by official regulation. The Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Amendment 2000) sets out governing principles regarding the protection of your personal information.
- The types of information we may collect from you;
- How we collect that information;
- The purposes for which information is used, and;
- Details on how you can access your personal details from Templeton Family Funerals.
Your personal information:
Templeton Family Funerals is collecting personal information from you for the purpose of providing information and services to you and your family. We seek this personal information for the purpose of providing you with a more unique and personalised funeral service. Some of the information we collect is to satisfy our legal obligations.
This information may extend to, but is not limited to: names, dates of birth, places of birth, current addresses, marital status, occupations, telephone/mobile numbers, credit card details, e-mail addresses, of Templeton Family Funerals client families’.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the funeral related services that depend on us knowing this information.
How we collect personal information:
Templeton Family Funerals may need to collect personal information from you in a number of ways for the purpose of providing information to you and making funeral arrangements, including:
- Gathering information from our first initial phone call, email or in person enquiring about our funerals or services
- Information is gathered at the funeral arrangement with your family
- Details are collected when arranging a pre-paid funeral plan or pre-arranged service
- From third parties, including doctors, hospitals, cemeteries etc, where such information is required to provide a funeral or related services.
How we use your personal information:
Your personal information which we collect is needed to:
- To identify our Client, the purchasers and or beneficiaries of funeral arrangements being pre-arranged/pre-paid or at need.
- Provide our services to you and any information you have requested.
- Invoicing and debt recovery purposes.
- Comply with legislative and regulatory requirements
The information received from you may be passed on to suppliers for a purpose associated with the conduct of the funeral service; in some situations personal information is required for compliance and reporting reasons.
Information will not otherwise be disclosed to any individual or organisation without your consent, unless the disclosure is required by law.
Access to your personal Information:
Upon Request, if you would like access to any of your personal information that you provided us please contact our Director on (03) 9706 9555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about Privacy Law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au