Interstate & Overseas Repatriations
Our professional and caring staff at Templeton Family Funerals have many years’ experience in repatriations of both Australian citizens back to Australia and foreign nationals to their homelands. We will take care of all necessary documentation with Government Departments and support your family through the repatriation process.
Repatriation estimated costs start from:
Interstate/Overseas Repatriation from $6,750 including GST
- Transfer into our care
- Embalming and mortuary care
- Maxwell coffin oak colour
- Metal liner or Polyethylene Bag
- Administration fee
- Liaise with Consulates and Embassies
- Airport transfers
- Arrange all legal documentation
- Death certificate
- Transportation of deceased to airport
- Liaise with interstate/international funeral director or family
- Professional service fee
- Freight cost (is estimated by weight and depends on destination)
- Service/Viewing held prior to repatriation
Exhumation of human remains may be required for a number of reasons, such as further forensic investigation, moving to another burial ground or to be cremated and return ashes to family.
For Exhumation to proceed, an application to the Department of Human Services for an exhumation license must be made.
The deceased’s next of kin / applicant, owner of the grave and the Cemetery Trust also must give permission for the Exhumation license to be approved. This process can take an extended period of time; we at Templeton family funerals will professionally guide the family and prepare the documents as required.
If you would like further information please call our office at Templeton Family funerals on 03 9706 9555.